Effective Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Fayetteville
Complicated claims need accomplished lawyers
In Arkansas, the Fayetteville malpractice attorneys at the Martin Law Firm represent patients and their families in medical malpractice cases involving catastrophic injuries or death. Medical malpractice occurs when a hospital, doctor or other healthcare worker is negligent and injures a patient. The negligence may involve errors in diagnosis, treatment, aftercare or health management. For an injury to be considered the result of medical malpractice, these standards must be met:
- The standard of care was breached. Did the healthcare provider exercise a level of care that would be considered acceptable by the medical community under the circumstances? If this standard of care was not met, negligence may be established.
- Negligence caused the injury. Claimants must prove that their injuries would not have occurred if the proper standard of care had been met. An unfavorable outcome from a medical procedure is not, by itself, enough to establish malpractice.
- The negligence caused damage. To pursue a medical malpractice claim, patients must prove that they suffered some real harm as a result of the healthcare provider’s failure to meet the appropriate standard of care.
Types of medical malpractice claims
- Failure to diagnose
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory results
- Unnecessary surgery
- Surgical errors, including surgery on the wrong part of the body
- Improper medication or dosage
- Poor follow-up or aftercare
- Premature discharge from a hospital
- The disregard or a poor notation of the patient’s medical history
- Failure to order proper testing
- Failure to recognize symptoms
- Nursing home neglect
Choose an experienced medical malpractice attorney
If you believe that you or a family member has been the victim of medical malpractice, you should contact a qualified medical malpractice attorney. The Fayetteville personal injury lawyers at the Martin Law Firm have the knowledge and resources to thoroughly investigate and prosecute medical malpractice claims to obtain full compensation for clients.
Legal help for the victims of medical malpractice
2059 Green Acres Rd.
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72702
Martin Law Firm is located in Fayetteville, Arkansas and serves clients in and around Springdale, West Fork, Fayetteville, Greenland, Farmington, Prairie Grove, Lincoln and Washington County.
Attorney Advertising. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.